Navigation bar question

is there anyway in the OCS navigation bar to delete items?

currently the navigation bar shows

Home - About - User Home - Search - Current Conferences - Announcements - SUBMISSION - CONFERENCE PROGRAM

and I need to change to

Home - About - User Home - Search - SUBMISSION - CONFERENCE PROGRAM

I will appreciate your advice … ps in the site setup there are only 2 items that I can remove “submission and conference program” which I added and linked but I need to remove “current conferences” and “announcements”

thank you

Hi @jkings16,

For things that can’t be changed via the setup interface, you can always modify the template file. Look at templates/common/navbar.tpl for the navigation bar.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thank you for your input, it worked like a charm :slight_smile:

I just want to rename some navigation bar items. Can this be done using the Translator Plugin (OJS Version 2.4)? Which XML File? This one lib/pkp/locale/en_US/common.xml for english? And would be all journals within our installation be affected after the renaming? bop.unibe.ch Thanks.
Regards
Jan

Hi @trace,

Editing the locale files would affect all journals. I’d suggest checking out the Custom Locale plugin; that will permit you to make changes on a journal-by-journal basis.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi Alec
You mean https://bop.unibe.ch/index.php/versants/manager/plugin/generic/customlocaleplugin/edit/en_US for example? Can I rename the navbar there? I don’t find the specific xml file…

Is it possible to delete on item of the navbar on a journal basis, so that it won’t affect the whole platform?

Thanks for help.

Best
Jan

Hi @trace,

Most of the navigation bar items are in locale/en_US/locale.xml (e.g. navigation.archives).

It’s not possible to delete one of the built-in navigation bar items on a per-journal basis, but it is possible to hide it e.g. using a journal-specific stylesheet.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thanks Alec. That worked.