Multiple errors after update

Hi there!
I did an upgrade from 3.0.2 to 3.1.0.1 and I got a hard time during upgrade. Everytime i tried to do It i got an error 500. But after several tries i hot sucessfull, but the site now have multiple errors.

In the frontpage i am getting:

Strict Standards: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getSeq() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getSeq($contextId = NULL) in /home/rocfpmco/public_html/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 134

Strict Standards: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getBlockContext() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getBlockContext($contextId = NULL) in /home/rocfpmco/public_html/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 134

Strict Standards: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in /home/rocfpmco/public_html/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 134

Strict Standards: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getContents() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getContents($templateMgr, $request = NULL) in /home/rocfpmco/public_html/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 134

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/rocfpmco/public_html/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php:134) in /home/rocfpmco/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php on line 863

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/rocfpmco/public_html/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php:134) in /home/rocfpmco/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php on line 864

In the editor panel, the up bar is not loading and i got the following errors:

Strict Standards: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getSeq() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getSeq($contextId = NULL) in /home/rocfpmco/public_html/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 134

Strict Standards: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getBlockContext() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getBlockContext($contextId = NULL) in /home/rocfpmco/public_html/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 134

Strict Standards: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in /home/rocfpmco/public_html/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 134

Strict Standards: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getContents() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getContents($templateMgr, $request = NULL) in /home/rocfpmco/public_html/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 134

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/rocfpmco/public_html/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php:134) in /home/rocfpmco/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php on line 863

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/rocfpmco/public_html/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php:134) in /home/rocfpmco/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php on line 864

The users page is not loading at all, and the following errors is showing:

{"status":true,"content":"\n\n\t<\/span>\n\t\t\tAjuda\n\t<\/a>\n\n\n\n

According to my revisors and users, all submissions is not available anymore. Please help me.

Hi @Hugo_Melo,

See e.g. this thread.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thanks for the fast reply @asmecher, but that thread show different errors and there is no solution there.
I thought it could be something related to customblock, but when i try to access plugins page, the page don’t load. Trying to load directly by the address it shows the following error:

Warning: assert(): Assertion failed in /home/rocfpmco/public_html/pages/management/SettingsHandler.inc.php on line 71

Hi @Hugo_Melo,

The solution is what I posted on the other thread.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I think you are saying that those errors are just cosmetic, but in my case the site is not working.

The up bar is missing:

The users page is not loading:

The website configuration is not loading:

Hi @Hugo_Melo,

They are cosmetic, but if they’re being sent to the browser, the messages interfere with JSON responses.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Oh, now I got it. Can u give me some clues on how i configure my php to do that? Because just display_errors = Off is not working here.

There is anything else I can do by any chance? Like restore db and do an upgrade again can turn things back to normal?

He are the php.ini config:

; cPanel-generated php ini directives, do not edit
; Manual editing of this file may result in unexpected behavior.
; To make changes to this file, use the cPanel MultiPHP INI Editor (Home >> Software >> MultiPHP INI Editor)
; For more information, read our documentation (https://go.cpanel.net/EA4ModifyINI)

allow_url_fopen = Off
allow_url_include = Off
asp_tags = Off
display_errors = Off
enable_dl = Off
file_uploads = On
max_execution_time = 360
max_input_time = 60
max_input_vars = 6000
memory_limit = 128M
post_max_size = 128M
session.gc_maxlifetime = 1440
session.save_path = "/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php56"
upload_max_filesize = 128M
zlib.output_compression = Off

Hi @Hugo_Melo,

To clarify – did you get it fixed with those settings, or are those your current settings that are still not working?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Those are current settings. I didn’t change it cause the display errors was already off.

Hi @Hugo_Melo,

And display_errors is Off in config.inc.php? If so, this is more a PHP configuration question than an OJS configuration question, and you might have some luck searching StackOverflow.com. But I’d suggest creating a phpinfo script and checking what the live settings in your PHP are, and disabling strict standard checking.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Do u think i can fix the website by doing this steps:

1. making a fresh upload of 3.1.0-1
  2. making a fresh upload of the last backup of DB from 3.0.2
  3. Trying to do a fresh upgrade

?

Hi @Hugo_Melo,

No – the only solution is to configure your PHP not to send error messages/warnings to the browser. (This is a recommended configuration for production servers in any case.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher