Mirroring Production in Test

I’m trying to mirror our production site in a test environment and its giving me a 500 error (i.e. useless).

I’ve copied all the production files over and updated the config.ini.php file so that its pointing to the correct database and url

I’ve copied the database tables into the new database

I know index.php, bootstrap, and functions are loading as I’ve put some debug statements in there to double check its getting at least that far but I’m still no closer to figuring out why its not running. Are there other settings that need to be set if you need to mirror a production site?

I need this to be an exact duplicate of what we have on our live site.

Crosschecked every permission - had to update the /cache/_db/ directories and files so they matched but aside from that this appears to be a complete mirror image but still won’t run. Anyone have any ideas?

Finally found the information on getting some debug statements to come out - I’m getting the following errors

Deprecated: Non-static method PKPApplication::defineExposedConstant() should not be called statically in /home/edgedev03/jovs.emudev03.net/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php on line 545

Deprecated: Non-static method PKPApplication::getExposedConstants() should not be called statically in /home/edgedev03/jovs.emudev03.net/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php on line 513

Fatal error: Cannot use ‘String’ as class name as it is reserved in /home/edgedev03/jovs.emudev03.net/lib/pkp/classes/core/String.inc.php on line 57

This is part of the 2.4.4.1 code that is working fine in our live site

Seems the main problem was that I had the region set to run using php7 and not php 5.6 which is what the other site was still using. - That cleared the problem up.