Migrating OJS2 to OJS3 manually without export/import

I am migrating from OJS 2.x to OJS 3.3.0.8. I won’t be able to use export/import because the servers are in completely different domains. What is the way to manually migrate a multi-volume magazine? I have a copy of the articles published.

Hi @mauroohara,

We recently published our comprehensive new upgrade guide here: How to Upgrade

In particular, you’ll want to note the section on upgrading from 2.x as there are some specific things to note.

Best regards,

Roger
PKP Team

Thanks.
I have read about this, but my concernis another issue.
Due to security restrictions and external access to the server, I cannot backup directly from the server. So I plan to recreate the magazine on the new server in another domain. I’m trying to use QuickSubmit, but I’m having problems.
If you have another hints, I appreciate it.

Hi @mauroohara,

Thanks for clarifying. What specific problems are you having with QuickSubmit?

-Roger
PKP Team

I have to upload more than 200 articles in 11 volumes spreaded in 5 years.
I read about QuickSubmit where I can upload an article without passing thru the workflow approval.
I was testing in one article to upload and it takes a kind of loop. After long time, the file was uploaded but I couldn´t link the article with the magazine/volume I created before.
If you have any alternative to solve my problem, I´m very appreciate.

Hi @mauroohara,

Thanks for the information. That would likely take a long time to do via QuickSubmit. The only alternative I can think of, offhand is the XML import/export: Data Import and Export

However, it’s possible that you might run into issues, because I have seen people run into difficulties when the are using it in version 2.x and trying to export into 3.x. Really, I think your best strategy, is to do the upgrade, but as you say, that is not really feasible you, so I’m not sure what more to suggest. Others may feel free to offer advice.

Best regards,

Roger
PKP Team