Metadata sections in submission form

Context : OJS 3.1.2-4

Regarding metadata sections in submission form:

1. Why is it so that even when no metadata fields are specified in the configuration, the heading (“Submission Metadata”) and info (“These specification are …”) for this section appear?

2. How can I have the ‘submission.submit.metadataForm.tip’ string (which explains to the user the not-so-intuitive
    way to enter multiple keywords, that is to press ‘enter’ after each term) displayed when only keywords metadata field is activated for a journal?

Actually this tip is displayed only when the language metadata field is activated (but is also relevant for other fields such as subjects, disciplines, keywords, etc.):

Thank you,

Marie-Hélène V.
Librarian - Université de Montréal

Hi @Marie-Helene,

This is actually a pretty excellent description of a bug! Could you file this at Issues · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub in the same format you’ve got here?

Thanks,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Sure. Should I break that in 2 different issues or I can enter both problems on the same report?

Marie-Hélène V.

Hi @Marie-Helene,

Those are close enough that they can sneak into the same entry, I think. Please drop a link from there to this discussion, and from here to the entry, to keep everything cross-linked.

Thanks!
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Bonjour Alec,

I filed an issue as requested : Metadata sections in submission form · Issue #5796 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub

Marie-Hélène V.

1 Like