Mechanism-procedure for referencing articles

Is it possible to create mechanism for easier referencing articles that can be used in mails with authors, reviewers, section editors and editors. For example, submitted article got unique id: 323 for year 2015 for journal with acronym ThSci. Thus, its ref. no will be ThSci2015:323.
Can such ref. no be automatically inserted in mails between persons related to the review process so they can easily relate to proper article?
Thanks,
veki

Hi @vvucic,

You can add certain variables to any article template header or body. For example, {$articleId} will be replaced with the article’s unique identifier, and {$contextName} will be replaced with the journal name.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hello,

Please provide example of code how to do that. Thanks in advance.
Veki

Hi @vvucic,

No code is required; you can simply add those variables in titles or bodies of messages by editing the templates in the Journal Manager’s “Prepared Emails” area.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hello,

Thanks on your reply. Is there any list of variables which I can use i.e {$journalacronym} or creating more complex such as: {$journalacronym,year:ID} so I can apply custom referencing. Well, such scenario may be useful in situations when journals which are in transition from simple html site to OJS. They usually do have referencing of articles according to certain catalogization guidelines issued by national libraries, universities etc. Consequently, more flexible referencing can help them to stick with guidelines issued by some authorities. So, when needed they can create their own ref. number by combining let say 3 identifiers (i.e. journal acronym, year, ID ) and when let say year 2015 finish OJS will add that submissions in 2016 will get year 2016 and year 2016 will be added to that reference number/code. Please see uploaded image which sugest how custom referencing can be applied during the submission. Thanks

Hi @vvucic,

You’d need to extend the set of currently-available variables by editing the mail template classes. For article-specific variables you’d need to modify classes/mail/ArticleMailTemplate.inc.php in the assignParams function, and for journal-specific templates you’d need to modify the same function in classes/mail/MailTemplate.inc.php.

Regards,
Alec Smecher