Mark and delete several users

Hi
I use OJS 3.0 for EJPAE.com and just discovered that I have hundreds of spam accounts registered. This has also lead to Gmail flagging mail from us as spam… I have seen that others have requested an option to accept users tthrough captcha v2 (which I really hope will happen), but I would also suggest that it should be possible to tick a box next to all users I want to remove and remove them all at once. Not I have some hours ahead of me to delete all accounts.

Thanks a lot for the software though! It really does an excellent job!
Ketil

And on the same topic: How about adding a verification of new users option. Now it is either that the editor adds new users manually or that anyone can register. A nice option would be for new users to register and for the editor (or someone else with the privilege) to accept or reject the user.

All the best!
Ketil

Hi @rytmisk,

There is a ReCaptcha option available in config.inc.php – make sure you have this enabled and configured. When it is, the test should show up on the user registration page.

Some community members were recently working on an account approval tweak during a recent sprint event, but I’m not sure how far they got – it should show up within a week or two at https://pkp.sfu.ca/category/news/.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

The “massDelete” or “massMerge” plugin has been on my todo list for so long. What I have been planning is a plugin that

1. Lets you define a target user account in the plugin settings
  2. Adds a new settings tab that has a listing of existing users (with some useful data like the number of submissions they have done) and some search filters (searching for fax number 123456 should be quite effective here). The listing also has checkboxes and will merge the selected user accounts to the target account defined in the settings.

The core functions for merging users are there already so it should not be that hard to accomplish. I just havent had the time to do this yet.

Hi all,

And FYI, there’s already a command-line tool to batch-merge users: tools/mergeUsers.php

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thanks! Good to know for the future!