Mapping for obsolete file stage 8

Description of issue or problem I’m having:

The XML export and the PKP PN plugin are failing on old volumes created in OJS 2 because some submissions contain files with a file_stage that was wiped from the code in OJS 3. We already know that file_stage 7 (SUBMISSION_FILE_FAIR_COPY) should be mapped to 6, SUBMISSION_FILE_FINAL (as per https://github.com/pkp/pkp-lib/issues/7470). But what would be the appropriate replacement for file_stage 8 SUBMISSION_FILE_EDITOR?

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @Georg_Mayr-Duffner,

Could you indicate what specific OJS version you’re using (please include this in your posts)?

-Roger
PKP Team

Sorry, for forgetting to mention. It’s 3.3.0.8.

Hi @Georg_Mayr-Duffner, would you be able to share a little about what kind of files those were? I’m unfamiliar with the SUBMISSION_FILE_EDITOR's previous purpose. It may not map perfectly, but I could try and help find a good place/new mapping for it.

Regards,

Erik
PKP Team

Hi @ewhanson, sorry for the long wait, we had some holidays here :slight_smile:

Knowledge about that file stage seems very rare. I had to contact a journal owner to help me find out the context of those files. What we could reconstruct: these are text versions of the article which were uploaded by the journal editor in an early stage of the submission process.

Is this helpful?

Kind regards
Georg

Hi @Georg_Mayr-Duffner,

Thanks for sharing. I don’t know if there’s a perfect mapping, but depending on your needs and where you’d like them to end up, you could set them to SUBMISSION_FILE_COPYEDIT (9). With this, they would appear under “Draft Files” in the Copyediting tab of the submission workflow. This may be the best place to preserve the files, make them available, while still indicating they were from an earlier part of the editorial process.

Alternatively, if the files had been edited, you could consider also setting these files to SUBMISSION_FILE_REVIEW_REVISION (15) as well. In either case I would recommend doing some tests upgrades to make sure the files you expect appear where you expect them to be!

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Erik
PKP Team

Hi @ewhanson ,

Thanks for your input. With your explanation, SUBMISSION_FILE_COPYEDIT indeed sounds right. We’ll try this and report back here.

Best regards
Georg

EDIT: BTW I just reread my initial message and noticed a mistake. Could you please correct the target file stage from “15” to “6, SUBMISSION_FILE_FINAL” in case anybody stumbles upon the same issue? I don’t have editing rights for postings that old.

Hi @Georg_Mayr-Duffner, sure thing!