Login header bar gone

Description of issue or problem I’m having:
Hi, friends. I need to log into my journal dashboard and, for the first time in eight years of the journal, I do not have a login header at the top of the page. It’s just gone. How might one log in when the login header is gone?

Steps I took leading up to the issue:
I noticed that the journal page loaded on Chrome with no login header yesterday, so I assumed it was a browser issue and switched to Edge - Success! I had a login header and was able to work. I dismissed the oddity as a Chrome glitch. Today, though, I do not have a login header on either Chrome or Edge.

What I tried to resolve the issue:
I tried Edge and Chrome browsers. I dumped cache on my browsers, no joy. UPDATE: I have the login header on Firefox! This is a relief for being able to work today, but I’d still like to figure out how to get the nav bar back in Chrome and Edge.

Application Version - e.g., OJS 3.1.2:

Additional information, such as screenshots and error log messages if applicable:

I see you have solved the problem

No, the problem is not solved. I’m able to access my journal dashboard only by using a nonupdated version of Firefox. I still have no login header on Chrome or Edge, and I’m reluctant to even close Firefox if it will disappear from it the way it disappeared from Edge. Problem not solved.

But now I’m trying to figure out why you can see it when I cannot!

And now I cannot see it on Firefox. Very odd, isn’t this?

I’ve tried in many browsers, everything seems fine.
Firefox
Avast Secure Browser
edge
Chrome
Tor

Still, I think the code below will help you.
Can you add the following css code?

.pkp_navigation_user_wrapper {
height: 35px;
}

FYI, this issue was fixed by adding a link to the editorial dashboard in the user menu setup. For some reason it was missing and so after someone logs in there was nothing to display in the header bar and so it remained hidden.

1 Like