LinkIdentifiers just deleted recrods

Hi, I’m trying to add my journal to REDIB data base, and they’re telling me that my OAI protocol is wrong. Aparently, I have just deleted records on my ListIdentifiers:

You are viewing an HTML version of the XML OAI response. To see the underlying XML use your web browsers view source option. More information about this XSLT is at the bottom of the page.

Datestamp of response 2019-03-28T18:46:41Z
Request URL http://econoquantum.cucea.udg.mx/index.php/EQ/oai

Request was of type ListIdentifiers.

OAI Record Header

OAI Identifier oai:ojs.148.202.248.171:article/3249 oai_dc formats
Datestamp 2017-05-25T17:26:53Z
setSpec RVCS:ART Identifiers Records

This record has been deleted.

OAI Record Header

OAI Identifier oai:ojs.148.202.248.171:article/1837 oai_dc formats
Datestamp 2015-06-12T17:02:19Z
setSpec LH:lec Identifiers Records

This record has been deleted.

OAI Record Header

OAI Identifier oai:ojs.148.202.248.171:article/3877 oai_dc formats
Datestamp 2015-09-18T15:34:12Z
setSpec DUG:Nci Identifiers Records

What I see, also, is that the records showed there are for all the journals that use OJS on my University, not just mine (Econoquantum). How could I solve this problem?

My best,
Agustin Madrigal

I just wanted to add that we are having the same problem. We recently made a new OJS 3.1.2 set up and our OAI records show the same thing, “This record has been deleted”. Any idea on what is going on?

EDIT: Just in case anyone else finds this, let me share what worked for us. We had an old version of our journal’s website under OJS 2.4.8 moved to a legacy subdomain (like www.legay-journal.ouruniversity.edu) and it still had OAI active. We had to remove all of the OAI part of that legacy site and turn on OAI in the plugins for our new OJS 3.1.2 site. Then the rest of the article records showed up in OAI. In our case, the 2 deleted records that were showing up before were, in fact, deleted records (which we checked by reviewing articles in the journal numbers around the number of the missing article, and sure enough, it jumped for example from article 49 to article 51 and the OAI is showing that article 50 has been deleted, which is true.

It’s your code patched as REDIB asked for?

BTW, this is one of the many reasons why I’m against patching.

As a matter of fact we’re facing the same problems: All OAI request results of ListIdentifiers or ListRecords are »This record has been deleted« (https://tatup.de still running on OJS3.1.2.1).

I can’t see an OAI plugin in the plugin list, and I don’t know how to swipe and rebuild the OAI entries.

Could someone explain exactly, how this could work? (@asmecher?)

Thanks!
Tobias

Hi @twa,

Is the OAI interface enabled in the distribution settings?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

Thanks @asmecher, sometimes it’s just that easy. No, it wasn’t enabled, now everything seems to work fine.

Kind regards, Tobias

1 Like