Layout instructions and upload layout template OJS 3

Dear PKP-Friends,

in OJS 2.x there are the options to upload a layout template and formulate instructions for the Layouter. Also instructions can be edited for the copyeditor and the Proofreader. Are these features also available for OJS 3 and where can I find them? Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Tahsin

Hi @Toezdemir,

In OJS 3.x, we introduced instead the “Discussions” tools, which you can see available on every stage. You can use these to coordinate tasks like proofreading, layout editing, etc., and they’re much more flexible than the workflow we had in OJS 2.x.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hey @asmecher,

thanks for the quick response! I also could see the use of the discussion tool for this purpose. In fact, I like the new discusson feature, not only for this kind of processes. The question in this case is, if instructions or guidelines for proofing or layout really need to be so much flexible or could they also be treated like review and author instructions? If I understand correctly, these instructions have to be discussed in every workflow stage and a corrosponding templates need to be uploaded for every submission, if editors work with such files. But of course, the problem can be solved with this feature.

Thanks,

Tahsin

1 Like

I have had a few questions from the editors concerning this as well. I mean, they would like to see a function where they could quickly paste some basic instructions for recurring messages like proofreading, layout editing etc to the discussion field. Basically a email template would work here.

Hi all,

There’s the “Notify” tool in the participants grid, which should kick off a discussion using one of the prefab templates; would that suit?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

ok, thanks, did not know that.