Journal of Medical Research and Innovation

Hello every one. I have been requested by many people here at OJS forum to post my journal site here in Community Showcase as they think that it is one of the best looking sites.

With that said, I would like to first thank the entire team of OJS for providing such a wonderful platform for free. A big round of applause for every one here working day and night for providing all the help to every one.
Secondly, I would really thank @Vitaliy, @NateWr, @ajnyga, @bozana @ctgraham, @asmecher and many more who work behind the scenes for providing so many useful and helpful tools like Default_Manuscript theme, Word to JAT plugin etc… Last but not the least if any credits left, will go to me. Lol.
I will keep updating the plugins used by me and will share codes when I get time (please note that I am just a medical graduate, currently preparing for my post graduate exams), so I will try to answer in my free time if I have. The website is based on OJS 3.1. It took me approximately 6 months to code the site. Thanks to every one from bottom of my heart. :slight_smile:

Please do not ask for the theme’s codes, since I would like to keep the journal unique to other journals. Furthermore, I do not even remember what changes I have made, because everything was done in a try and error method. Thanks for your understanding.

Enjoy the JMRI Experience

jmri.org.in

My future plans:

1. Including Most Read Articles on the front page
6 Likes

Hi @varshilmehta,
Thank you for sharing this. It looks fantastic!

The only possible flaw I can see is that when you click ‘XML’ and go to the JATS XML page of the article, you are left with no ‘Back’ button. So you cannot get back to the journal TOC.

Yes, I know. I had a back button before (OJS 3.0.2). I will add it again.
Edit: Added the back button

Nice work on the article table of contents feature!

Thanks. The base was done by @Vitaliy, on which I added and modified to make it look more graphically advance.

When I click on the first-order items in the main menu, they get relocated (lower left). Is it supposed to work like that?

Yes, I am still finding a cure for it. It is a problem with smaller screens.

I’ve got two displays: 1920x1080 and 1280x1024. It behaves similarly on both of them.

Nope it is working fine here. It specifically behaves like that on mobile and tablets. But not on computers with lager resolution. You are talking about the navigation bar right?

Congratulations, @varshilmehta! I’ll pass your example around the team.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

I’m talking about the primary menu (the horizontal one on top). Here is how it is displayed on 1920x1080:

Yes, there is a bug in it. I had already posted few days back about the same bug and Nate had replied something. Will have to dig in more when I have time.

The nav bar is now fixed.

Great work Sir!

Where can we get your plugins? Especially how you added the current issue highlights slider.

Keep up the good work and wish you the best in your postgraduate exams!

Regards,
Joseph

I havent made any plugins yet. Not sure, i will ever do it as well.

No Worries, just hoping you will share some of your solutions on GitHub! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @jkkenzie,
Regarding the slider (Browse plugin), take a look at this thread:

Link to the plugin:

2 Likes

@Vitaliy awesome thanks!