Journal manager with no access to articles

Hi

(OJS3) I am a journal manager but I cannot access the articles to move the process on:

How do I fix this so that I can place the article in copyediting or production?

Hi @Robyn,

You appear to be in the Author dashboard rather than the Editor’s workflow page for that submission. Are you the author of that submission? What version of OJS are you using? (Please include version information in your posts.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Dear Alec

I am using OJS3.0. Is there no way that I can upload manuscripts as an author but be the journal manager? This was possible in the previous versions of OJS.

Kind regards

Mrs Robyn Marais

Journal Manager

T: 012 807 5440

C: 083 459 5580

E: robyn@jesser-point.co.za

Hi @Robyn,

Is that OJS 3.0.0-0? If so, it’s a pretty old release – some improvements have been made in OJS 3.1.1 to the way OJS controls access to a submission when a user is active with a mixture of author, reviewer, and editor roles. I would suggest upgrading if at all possible. (We’ll be releasing OJS 3.1.1-1 later today if all goes well, so you might watch for that.)

For older releases of OJS, you can work around this by looking at the URL for another submission in the editorial interface, and then replacing the article ID in the URL with the one for the submission you’re having trouble with.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team