Modifying review types

Hi!

I have a similar problem. My journal editor is asking me to delete all reviews option except for the double blind type. What kind of modification is needed to do so? I’m not an expert of coding so i thought that another option (maybe simpler?) was to change only the label of the different types of review and insert “(Do not use)” after the single blind and the open review methods.

Regards,
Alessandro

Hi @Alessandro_Perrone,

I’ve pulled your question into a different post from the original post here: Review type option, even though review is chosen in workflow - #3

Can you let us know what specific version you’re working with (e.g. 3.3.0-8)? That will give a better sense of what to suggest.

Best regards,

Roger
PKP Team

Hi!
Thanks for the answer. I’m working with OJS 3.3.0-8.
Regards,
Alessandro

Hi @Alessandro_Perrone,

Thanks. Can you indicate where exactly you’re seeing these review types listed (e.g. what steps you take to get to the page where you see them)? I think I know a potential way to modify them, but I want to make sure I’m referring to the same ones as you.

Best,

Roger
PKP Team

Hi Roger,
I’m referring to the “Add reviewer” form, in which the editor, at the bottom of the window, choose the type of review to be done and add a reviewer.
Regards,
Alessandro

Hi @Alessandro_Perrone

I’ve looked into this a bit further, and you can change the name of a review type with the custom locale plugin, however, to remove it entirely would require custom coding (which you could do, but it would have to be maintained if you were upgrade at a later point, which could make things more complicated).

Best regards,

Roger
PKP Team

Thank you for the advice. I’ll look into that!

Regards,

Alessandro

EDIT: did you know which file cointains the label of the review type that I have to modify?

This topic was automatically closed after 23 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.