Is there a way to find all Submissions assigned to an Issue?

If I Assign to Issue a submission I don’t see how I can use that information, either by searching for it, or by browsing the assigned submission in the issue itself. How can I find/manage all submissions assigned to an specific Issue?

I can Schedule for Publication and that allows me to find the submission when browsing the Future Issues contents, but this has two issues: the first is that the submission is no longer Active and goes to Archives, and the second is that if the Issue is already published (like a continuous flow) the submission is also published.

I’m using OJS 3.2.1.2.

What version of OJS are you using? From 3.2 it should be possible to schedule a submission for publication without it moving from active to archives.

From 3.3 (out soon) it will be possible to filter the active submissions list by assigned issue.

From 3.2 it should be possible to schedule a submission for publication without it moving from active to archives.

I’m using 3.2.1.2, forgot to add. But when I schedule it for publication it goes from Active to Archive with the tag Scheduled (like the first one in the list below). And if I left it just Assigned to Issue, I cannot find it anywhere.

From 3.3 (out soon) it will be possible to filter the active submissions list by assigned issue.

That is very nice! Is that soon in a few weeks? Months?

You’re right, once a submission is scheduled for publication it is moved to the archive list. In 3.2.1-2, you should be able to assign a submission to an issue, but not schedule it for submission. This can be done by selecting an issue in the first modal, but clicking the X in the next modal that asks you to confirm scheduling for publication.

However, at that point it is assigned to an issue but not scheduled for publication. So you won’t see it listed in the issue’s table of contents and if you publish the issue it won’t be published. A submission isn’t “ready for publication” until it’s been scheduled for publication (there are some pre-publish checks it must pass).

For your use-case, I think letting it go to Archived and using the issue filter to locate it will be the best approach. We plan to release 3.3 in early February. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Great - this will be very useful for journals publishing article-based (publishing when article is ready) and not issue based. Thanks!

I just accidently opened a new issue for the same problem at How to assign articles in submission stage to an issue?

We are using OJS 3.2.1.3 and we are not able to assigning an article to an issue when the article is in submission stage. I am getting the error message (“Can’t be puslished”) when I click on “Assign to an issue”

ojs_submission_publication_issue_assign_unscheduled_markiert

ojs_submission_publication_issue_assign_error-submission-stage