Is it possible to change the menu from horizontal to vertical the Health Science Theme?

I’m using the OJS 3.1.2.4 version and installed the Health Science Theme. Is it possible to change the menu from horizontal to vertical?

Hi @CCV5,
I am not speaking as an expert (I am also an user like you), but just for my curiosity: what do you mean exactly? How do you imagine the menu in a vertical position?
Best regards

ps.: I find this theme very nice indeed.

in this waypkc

I see!! That would be very good!
How have you done it for the screenshot?

Hi @CCV5,

It’s possible with custom CSS. Something like:

@media (min-width: 992px)
#primaryNav .dropdown-menu.show {
  flex-direction: column;
  width: initial;
}
1 Like

I make the change from this document, but nothing changes on the site. Why?Screenshot_5

You can just upload custom CSS through Website Settings -> Appearance -> Journal style sheet

Thank you @Vitaliy also from my side.

Thank you very much, all the best.

Dear @Vitaliy,

I have tried to upload the custom.css with the code inside, but it seems to not apply the desired change. Could I send you the link of the Journal, where I am trying to reach this? Do you think I am missing something?
http://archivi-emozioni.it/index.php/rivista

Thank you very much for your kind help and attention.
With my best regards,
Leonardo

Hi @leonardo.mancini,

I’ve forgotten to put additional curly brackets, sorry.

@media (min-width: 992px) {
  }
}

Hi @Vitaliy,

thank you for this.
I have applied the new code and it works. But there is one problem: the vertical menu goes always on the left side, under the first voice.
I send you the link and a screenshot where you can see this issue: Archivi delle emozioni
The menu you see in the screenshot should go under “Editorial policies”, not under “Info”.
Best,
Leonardo

You can try also:

#primaryNav .nav-item {
    position: relative;
  }
}

thanks for this. It solved the positioning issue, but now the menu as a problem in the width dimension of each voice, in the dropdown.
I attach a new screenshot.

Could I also ask you an help on this?
Best,
Leo

Have you applied these changes in addition to the previous ones?
E.g., I don’t see width: initial; applied on the dropdown menu.

1 Like

Thanks @Vitaliy! You helped me solving this.

So the final code is:

}
#primaryNav .nav-item {
position: relative;
}
}

1 Like

@Vitaliy, I hope that I am not becoming an obsessive persons at your eyes.
I have noticed that the Orcid icon still highlights in yellow (with a yellow square over the circle), when I pass with the mouse over it. This is not happening on the demo, and I think is more elegant as it is in the demo. Do you know if we can also fix this? Thank you very much again.