Is it possible to add a field to user profiles, for editor use only?

Hi,

OJS 3.0.2.

Is there an easy way to add a text field (for notes) to the user profiles, so that the Editor can make private notes? It would be useful, for example, to be able to store a confidential reminder about the quality or competence of reviewers.

Thanks

Hi @Alice,

Which of our applications are you asking about, and what version? (Please include this information in your posts.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Sorry! It is OJS 3.0.2. I have edited the question to clarify.

Hi @Alice,

There’s a gossip field in the database from OJS 2.x that still exists in OJS 3.x but isn’t currently displayed; this is already filed for attention at Introduce reviewer ratings and gossip · Issue #372 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi Alec,

Thanks - so the gossip field will be restored in the next (or a future) version? And I should just wait for that?

Alice

Hi @Alice,

It’s currently scheduled for the OJS 3.2 release; you can watch estimated release dates on our milestones page. The date there is very approximate, at least until OJS 3.1 is released. The best way to stay up to date is to sign up for updates on the individual issue.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

It looks like the new release is coming up shortly, and I just want to chime in for an editor-use field on user profiles (the so-called “gossip” field, though I do hope it’s called something else). Is this still in the works?

Thanks,
Yelena

Hi @kalinsky,

This is already available in recent releases. It’s called “Editorial Notes”.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher,

Thanks for the followup. Correct me if I’m wrong, but Editorial Notes relates to submissions. What I’m hoping for is a note related to an individual reviewer, allowing editors to record notes about quality or timeliness of reviews, for example.

Thanks,
Yelena

Hi @kalinsky,

The feature I’m referring to is indeed attached to the reviewer – you can see it when searching for reviewers (if any data has been entered for that reviewer), and on a submission with a reviewer assigned to it, you can click “Editorial Notes” under that reviewer’s name to view/save notes for next time.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Ah, I see. The field is only enabled when someone is assigned a review, is that right?

Thanks,
Yelena

Hi @kalinsky,

It’s visible when selecting a reviewer only if it has data entered from a previous review.

Regards,
Alec Smecher