Internet Connection

During our training, I’ve encountered this problem. If I login, it took 3 or more attempts in order to successfully access my account (any account even the admin account in OJS site). The worse thing is, if I successfully login and click any of the link in the site it will automatically logout you. I contacted the network administrator of the institution and told the problem, unfortunately they did not solve the problem. They didn’t find any error logs in their network/firewall. The last option I demanded to them is to put our site in their whitelist file. Unfortunately again, same things happened.

To make our training okay, we used our mobile data connection and no problems occurred.

What would be the best thing to do in order to prevent that problem?

Hi @lazyfox,

Check whether the session_check_ip setting in your config.inc.php configuration file is turned on; if it is, try turning it off. Depending on what kind of Internet connection you have, it may appear to OJS as though your client computer is changing IP addresses frequently. Disabling the check tells OJS not to worry about it.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thank you so much for your reply sir @asmecher, I hope this will be the solution to our problem. I’ll informed you if everything is okay or not and I think you are correct.

Have a nice day!