Installing the new 3.1.2 issue

I have tried to install the new version 3.1.2 on a different server but I keep getting the same problem. The installation does not even start, either I get the installing page reloaded or a dead white page. I have checked on 3 servers the results was the same. Here is my log error, Please let me know if there is any solution here

AH01071: Got error ‘PHP message: PHP Warning: Declaration of InstallHandler::validate($request) should be compatible with PKPHandler::validate($requiredContexts = NULL, $request = NULL) in /var/www/vhosts/dotaca.com/ojs.dotaca.com/lib/pkp/pages/install/InstallHandler.inc.php on line 0PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /var/www/vhosts/dotaca.com/ojs.dotaca.com/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php:456\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/vhosts/dotaca.com/ojs.dotaca.com/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php(558): ADODB_mysql->_connect(‘localhost’, ‘ojs32user’, ‘’, ‘’)\n#1 /var/www/vhosts/dotaca.com/ojs.dotaca.com/lib/pkp/classes/db/DBConnection.inc.php(151): ADOConnection->Connect(‘localhost’, ‘ojs32user’, ‘’, NULL, false)\n#2 /var/www/vhosts/dotaca.com/ojs.dotaca.com/lib/pkp/classes/db/DBConnection.inc.php(126): DBConnection->connect()\n#3 /var/www/vhosts/dotaca.com/ojs.dotaca.com/lib/pkp/classes/db/DBConnection.inc.php(113): DBConnection->initConn()\n#4 /var/www/vhosts/dotaca.com/ojs.dotaca.com/lib/pkp/classes/db/DBConnection.inc.php(55): DBConnection->initCustomDBConnection(‘mysql’, ‘localhost’, ‘ojs32user’, ‘’, NULL, false, ‘utf8’)\n#5 /var/www/vhosts/dotaca.com/ojs.dotaca.com/lib/pkp/classes/ins…’, referer: http://ojs.dotaca.com/index.php/index/install

Hello try with the oficial repository on github, it worked for me

Hi @Dilan_Rostam,

Your post originally contained a password – I’ve removed it, but please change your password immediately, and be careful not to post credentials here!

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

It is interesting that the whole error was caused special characters in the password.