Installation errors for OJS 3.0.2

Interesting. New copy, new database and receive an error
[14-Jul-2017 18:24:59 UTC] ojs2: DB Error: Access denied for user ‘ojs’@‘localhost’ (using password: YES)
I saw the post A database error has occurred: Access denied for user '********_ojs385'@'localhost' (using password: YES) but didn`t upgrade old OJS. Change the Config.inc.php, insert the name of database, username and password and then receive an error for new database.

Hi @Lazar_Stosic,

This rejection is coming from MySQL; double-check your database credentials and the GRANT statement you used to permit them access to the database.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Dear @asmecher,
The database is empty and cannot check or uncheck nothing. With new installation I received “strict standards” warnings and I ignored them. But, when OJS installation passed, I received only loading page and nothing else. Maybe I don`t understand how to double-check database credentials and the GRANT statement, In PHPMyAdmin I have an empty database.

Hi @Lazar_Stosic,

I was referring to the DB Error: Access denied for user 'ojs'@'localhost' (using password: YES) message. This suggests that your database credentials are incorrect – e.g. you’ve created the database, but not granted access to it for your MySQL username and password. That’s outside of OJS and thus outside the scope of this forum, but I’d suggest reviewing e.g. StackOverflow.com or another similar resource for more information.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thank you @asmecher,
I understand that this is outside of the scope, but with the basic installation I came back to my first question on this forum

Blockquote
Dear asmecher,
After installing fresh copy OJS3.0.2 and new database (no upgrade) I received just loading page in OJS. On the left side have only Tasks and Administration. When click on the Hosted journal’s webpage tried to load the page but nothing. Where is the problem?

From Monday I will consult technical support provider to see where is the problem. This installation and the same steps pass on other domain and on this cannot start OJS.
Thanks anyway. If we find the problem I will post you.

Hi @Lazar_Stosic,

Do you mean that a fresh installation resulted in the tasks list not loading?

In any case, this is what I’d pursue to debug the tasks list not loading – that, and double-checking that there are no errors hidden in with the warnings in your PHP error log.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Dear @asmecher,
Thank you for your suggestion. I contacted technical support. In the meantime, today I check the website and everything work. Is it possible that this errors and mistakes loaded from cache memory or similar? I didnt do nothing till yesterday because I cant load anything. Today, everything work fine.
Related to your questions… I installed fresh installations a few times with new database and received just loading webpage and the tasks list not loading. After few installations, I gave up, but today everything work fine.
I look carefully in PHP error log. Just “strict standards” warnings which I ignored.
If you ask me what happend… I really don`t know:roll_eyes:

Hi @Lazar_Stosic,

I’m afraid I have no idea either :slight_smile:

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Dear @asmecher,
Thanks anyway and sorry for disturbing you. This problem I had with OJS 3.0 and gave up earlier. Wait to read forum posts, to learn more about new OJS. Now I can plan to upgrade my old OJS2.4.8 to new one.
Kind regards,
Lazar

Dear @asmecher,
Related with above posts. New OJS 3.0.2 with new database give me loading page without any tasks.
Errors
[27-Jul-2017 08:42:59 Europe/Belgrade] ojs2 has produced an error
Message: USER ERROR: Couldn’t resolve host ‘pkp-alm.lib.sfu.ca’
In file: /home/ijcadsee/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/webservice/WebService.inc.php
At line: 226
Stacktrace:
Server info:
PHP Version: 5.6.30
Apache Version: N/A
DB Driver: mysql
DB server version: 5.6.35-log
I want to install fresh copy and with Native import plugin import all issues. But, like last time, the webpage is just loading without any tasks.
From above error, could we do something?

Hi @Lazar_Stosic,

The above message relates to the ALM plugin. We’ve decommissioned that service – and I’m not sure that plugin ever worked with OJS 3.0.x, so it may be causing other problems. I would suggest removing it.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Dear @asmecher,
Thank you for all your answers and suggestions. I had a lot of errors, problems… I install new OJS 3.0.2 with new database and with QuickSubmit plugin import articles. For now everything work very well. It is the best to do in that way because the old database is not stable.
Thank you again.

Dear @asmecher,
what is the best plugin or some kind of almetric for OJS3.0.2? How to trach visiting and downloading articles in OJS 3.0.2?

Hi @Lazar_Stosic

You could use the Usage Statistic Plugin. Please see this document for more information https://pkp.sfu.ca/wiki/index.php?title=PKP_Statistics_Framework#Default_metric_.28OJS.2FCOUNTER.29 and let me know if you have any further questions.

Best,
Bozana