Install ojs 3.1.1 failed

ojs3

I have downloaded ojs 3.1.1 and failed to install on Toshiba laptop Model: Saellite A-B40A, Windows 7 Ultimae and XAMP CP V3.2.2. Can anyone help me find the solution? tq.

install:
This page is not working
localhost is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

Hi @didimus,

Check your PHP error log for details.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Drar Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

I’ve been installing many times but still having problems. The result is like the attached picture, tq

Regrds,

Aristarkus Didimus Rumpak

hi Aristarkus,

what picture? I can’t see anything

Here ia a picture, sir (attachment), tq

but Alec need to see your PHP error log, with the error log we can see what is your problem

I’ve gotten the same problem. Im using Linux ubuntu . Where can I find the error log?.

1 Like

In my case (in a hosting) the error log is a file at the public_html folder with name error_log others hosting save the error log at the home folder

Actually, I never use PHP program. I’ve tried to install on desktop computers and successfully installed and can be used well but why it can be problematic to install with a laptop computer, tq.

mmm that’s weird a laptop is basically the same thing as a desktop computer… maybe exists some differences between software of both computers

Are you using MAMP? LAMP? XAMP? or something like that?

These are the laptop and XAMPP specifications that I use (attached), tq.

OK, in your installation directory d:\xamp\ you can find the PHP error logs. Another thing, what version of PHP are using? I think you are using PHP 7.2 and I think OJS is not 100% compatible, I recommend you PHP 7.0

Hi all,

Just to note that PHP7.2 is fine with OJS 3.1.1 – we tested that release against PHP5.6, 7.1, and 7.2 (and generally track all supported versions of PHP). https://travis-ci.org/pkp/ojs/builds/362380816

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge project Team

1 Like

I still cant find the solution of this problem (http error 500 during installing the OJS).
Please provide the solution. I am not a web developer, i am a common user.