we have gone through the five points of the debugging section again; here are the specifics:
- The pln plugin depends on 2 database tables, namely the ‘pln_deposits’ and ‘pln_deposit_objects’ tables. If those tables are not in your database, you may not have installed the plugin properly.
=> Tables are present and filled.
- The ‘plugins.generic.pln.classes.tasks.Depositor’ task must be inside the ‘scheduled_tasks’ database table. If not, try ‘Reload Scheduled Tasks’ from the Plugins gallery area, under the Acron plugin.
=> Data set is present and last_run-entry has a time point from the previous day.
- Search the plugin’s logs in the ‘scheduledTaskLogs’ folder within the OJS files directory. Files named ‘PKPPLNDepositorTask-id-datestamp’ should be found there.
=> List and files present. Looks like one for each day since the plugin was started.
- In the scheduled task log files, if an entry like ‘[date time] [Notice] Task process stopped.’ is found, then the process seems to have exited as it should. Otherwise please check the PHP logs for more info/errors.
=> found some files that were not successful. These are attached as well as respective error logs of those days.
- If an issue fails to be packaged, it may be useful to try and export the issue from the native import/export plugin. Possible export problems may cause the PLN Plugin to fail to send the failed content, and the native import/export plugin may display some hints on why the failure occured.
=> Tried to export issues with the native import/export plugin but this does not work, neither with issues that were successfully transferred to PKP PN (e.g. 74) nor for issues that did not (e.g. 150). There are some validation errors but I do not understand what they mean, where they occur or how they can be fixed. Happy to share output, please advise how as you accept only image files.