Importing multiple galleys via xml

Hello everyone, I’d like to ask a question about importing galleys into OJS using the XML import function. In the XML, I have lines like:

<galley locale="de_DE">
    <label>PDF</label>
    <file>
      <href mime_type="application/pdf" src="xxx.pdf"/>
    </file>
  </galley>
  <galley locale="fr_FR">
    <label>Summary</label>
    <file>
      <href mime_type="application/pdf" src="xxx.pdf"/>
    </file>
  </galley>

When importing this, only the first galley gets loaded, other are ignored. In the native.dtd of my installation, I read about galleys:

(galley?, htmlgalley?)+

If I understand this correctly, it means that from the group of galley elements, galley and htmlgalley may be used one or zero times (because of “?”). The whole group of galley elements may be repeated multiple times (because of “+”).

So wouldn’t that mean that OJS does accept multiple galleys? If anyone could point me to a solution for this, that would be great…

Hi @ojsbsb,

you’re right about the dtd, and it should work the way you’ve described it. Both locales are supported by your installation?

Feel free to share the complete article element or the complete xml file and I’ll have a look.

Grüße
Marco

Hi Marco,

thanks for your reply. I just found the solution by fiddling around with the settings: In the installation, for some languages we had only ticked the “submissions” box in User > Journal Manager > Import/Export Data > Articles & Issues XML Plugin. Apparently, to import galleys, both “submissions” and “forms” need to be activated for the used languages.

Grüße aus München!