Importing Articles and Issues with XML plugin

Hi,
I’m doing the import process of my previous issues following the next wiki: https://pkp.sfu.ca/wiki/index.php/Importing_and_Exporting_Data#Articles_and_Issues_XML_Plugin, however I get the following error that I failed to solve: Missing file galley in the article. Why this type of error occurs when I’m using as base the file sample.xml? I followed the instructions but the error is consistent, really do not know what I’m doing wrong, I’m using the next form for the importing articles and issues

< galley locale=“es_ES”>
< label>PDF< /label>
< file>
< href src=“http://here_my_jornal.pdf” mime_type=“application/pdf”/>
< /file>
< /galley>

Hi @lullytroconis,

What is the exact error message you’re getting, and what version of OJS are you using?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hey @asmecher, thank you for reply, I’m using the version 2.4.8.0
the error is this in Spanish: Falta un archivo de galerada en el artículo, in English is something like this: Missing a file of galley in the article.

Hi @lullytroconis,

If the XML validates (and I’d always recommend working with an XML validator to make sure), then the problem is likely that OJS either can’t read the file you specified, or can’t write to your files directory. Are you importing using the command-line tool? If so, make sure your file permissions permit your user’s account to manage the contents of the files_dir specified in your config.inc.php configuration file.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

And thank you so much @asmecher

I validated the file.xml using xmllint, I’m not used the Plugins from the Command Line, however I executed getting these results:
(#)php tools/importExport.php list
Available plugins:
DuraCloudImportExportPlugin
DataciteExportPlugin
EruditExportPlugin
PubIdImportExportPlugin
MedraExportPlugin
NativeImportExportPlugin
CrossRefExportPlugin
PubMedExportPlugin
UserImportExportPlugin
METSExportPlugin
QuickSubmitPlugin
DOAJPlugin
SwordImportExportPlugin

and
(#) php tools/importExport.php [NativeImportExportPlugin] usage
Command-line tool for import/export tasks
Usage:
tools/importExport.php list: List available plugins
tools/importExport.php [pluginName] usage: Display usage information for a plugin
tools/importExport.php [pluginName] [params…]: Invoke a plugin
but I don’t know how to do to import with command line, What is the params to use?

By the way, I have permissions on my files_dir specified in my config.inc.php configuration file

Hi @lullytroconis,

If you’ve been using the web-based import tool, then go ahead and continue with that; I was only asking about the command-line tool because file permissions can be a common pitfall there.

In any case, reviewing that error message, it seems that the most likely cause is either that the file cannot be read from the source you specified, or written to its destination in the files directory. Double-check that both of those are OK and see if that resolves the issue.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thank you so much again, @asmecher
I made the import