Important inquiries about OJS3.x default functionality that are not mentioned on the user guide

Hi PKP support!

I am using a new installation of OJS3.1-1. I have the following inquiries

1. Regarding custom review form, is it a default functionality of OJS3.x that the default feedback form is not included in the reviewer portal even though it states that it is supposed to. actual%20review%20form_david

2. Regarding the email templates, when we add a new email template how do we customise the recipient and/or the sender (the default shows the Subscription Manager and we are not able to change it). Subscription_Manager

3. When a user registers on OJS site the user is not receiving a system automated email notification about their registration. However that options is available to users registerd by the JM/JE. Is this a default functionality?

I would appreciate your prompt response!

Hi @kstavrianou,

1. Regarding custom review form, is it a default functionality of OJS3.x that the default feedback form is not included in the reviewer portal even though it states that it is supposed to.

If you want a plain-text field on your custom review form, you’ll need to create it yourself; that way the editor can choose whether or not they want a large plaintext field, rather than imposing it on them.

1. Regarding the email templates, when we add a new email template how do we customise the recipient and/or the sender (the default shows the Subscription Manager and we are not able to change it).

See this thread.

1. When a user registers on OJS site the user is not receiving a system automated email notification about their registration. However that options is available to users registerd by the JM/JE. Is this a default functionality?

See this thread.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like