Import data OJS V(2.4.7.1) ERROR

Hello,

I upgraded the OJS to 2.4.7.1 and installed OHS ( v 2.3.2 ) and went well , just can not import data in Articles & Issues XML Plugin - > import date

gives the following error:

Import Error
One or more errors occurred during import. Please check to ensure that the format of the import file correctly matches the specification. Specific details of the import errors are listed below.

I check the xml and it´s OK.

This plugin does not support the supplied root node “”. Please ensure that the file is correctly formed and try again.

Can someone help me this error?!!

This would mean the plugin is not finding a root element of issues, issue, articles, or article in your XML.

What is your root element in your XML?

Thanks for reply,

My root element is issues,

Can I send you a example off my xml file?!

@nuno. Sure. You can post or PM the file.

How can I PM the file?!

To share code in the forum (or a PM), paste the code between two lines that contain three backticks:

This preserves code formatting. I’ve edited the PM you shared privately.

In your PM, I note that the opening lines appear to be:

?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE issues PUBLIC "-//PKP//OJS Articles and Issues
XML//PT" "http://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/dtds/native.dtd"> 

<issues>
<issue current="false" identification="title" public_id="" published="true">

Is this accurate?

We have been woriking hard to understand the issues we had after upgrading from version 2.4.2.0 (where everything was working fine) to version 2.4.7.1.
We created a duplicated site equal to the old version one with the new version and currently we have the following issues:
Two global errors in all the pages of the site that cause many characters to be wrong
1- ojs2 has produced an error Message: WARNING: htmlspecialchars(): charset `utf8’ not supported, assuming iso-8859-1 In file
2 -ojs2 has produced an error Message: WARNING: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /htdocs/public/revista/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php:380) In file: /htdocs/public/revista/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php At line: 340 Stacktrace: Server info: OS: Linux PHP Version: 5.3.3-7+squeeze3 Apache Version: N/A DB Driver: mysql DB server version: 5.0.96-enterprise-log

Besides these 2 errors we also have errors while trying to insert an article using the import XML plugin:
1 - ojs2 has produced an error Message: WARNING: xml_parser_free() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given In file: /htdocs/public/revista/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/xml/XMLParser.inc.php At line: 283 Stacktrace: Server info: OS: Linux PHP Version: 5.3.3-7+squeeze3 Apache Version: N/A DB Driver: mysql DB server version: 5.0.96-enterprise-log

2 - ojs2 has produced an error Message: WARNING: xml_parser_create(): unsupported source encoding “utf8” In file: /htdocs/public/revista/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/xml/XMLParser.inc.php At line: 272 Stacktrace: Server info: OS: Linux PHP Version: 5.3.3-7+squeeze3 Apache Version: N/A DB Driver: mysql DB server version: 5.0.96-enterprise-log

Really hope you can help us with this
Thank you so much

In your config.inc.php, is the client_charset “utf8”? This should be “utf-8”.

Ok thank you for the tip, changing the utf8 to utf-8 seemed to have solved most of problems. All characters in the site are ok and we were able to import the XML file.
Although the import of the file worked, we still have the following message errors (we have display_errors = On) :

Several times the error:
ojs2 has produced an error Message: WARNING: assert(): Assertion failed In file: /htdocs/public/revista/ojs/classes/article/Article.inc.php At line: 231 Stacktrace: Server info: OS: Linux PHP Version: 5.3.3-7+squeeze3 Apache Version: N/A DB Driver: mysql DB server version: 5.0.96-enterprise-log

and two times the error:
ojs2 has produced an error Message: WARNING: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /htdocs/public/revista/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php:380) In file: /htdocs/public/revista/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php At line: 340 Stacktrace: Server info: OS: Linux PHP Version: 5.3.3-7+squeeze3 Apache Version: N/A DB Driver: mysql DB server version: 5.0.96-enterprise-log

Any other sugestion?
thank you again

For this first error, check your Journal Setup. There are new options in section 3.2 (copyright holder, copyright year basis, and license) which require configuration.

User Home → Journal Manager → Setup → Submissions → Permissions

The second error message is probably caused by the display of the first error message.

Thank you very much!!
Now I have another problem, with the emails. I have emails template with strange characters in the subject and message body in PT and ES language. an example : Subject:Livro para Revisão: Livro Atribuído.

Any sugestion?
Thank you

Please post new questions into new topics. This helps folks looking for similar solutions later. It also helps in finding similar questions in the process of the new topic posting.