Immersion theme: issue covers?

Hi, I’m running what I believe to be the most recent version of Immersion on one of my journals. The EiC noted that the issue cover image does not appear - is that a design feature of the theme or a bug?

Hi @tmrozewski,

Could you please confirm what version of OJS you’re currently using?

Kind Regards,
Patricia M.
Public Knowledge Project Team

I’m using 3.1, thanks.

Hi @tmrozewski,

The immersion theme is compatible with OJS 3.1.1+. If a cover image is uploaded under the Issue Data, it should display a cover if this has been uploaded. See the [demo page] (Vol. 1 No. 2 (2018) | Immersion: An OJS Theme Demo ) as an example.

If you are in fact on OJS 3.1, you may need to do an upgrade to at least OJS 3.1.1+

Kind Regards,
Patricia

I’m sorry Patricia but I actually don’t see cover art for the issue in the demo issue. There’s cover art for one of the articles but not for the issue as a whole. If you see cover art for the issue, could you please screenshot and share it?

My journal using immersion is on 3.1.2.1: https://nsjcp.journals.yorku.ca/index.php/default/issue/view/1. I should also note that, even though we’ve uploaded an issue galley, that link doesn’t appear in the table of contents either.

While I’ve got your attention, could you let me know if the theme is compatible with 3.2 yet?

Hi @tmrozewski,

Sorry, I realized I had deleted the file after I had posted the link for you. The uploaded cover should appear beside the Issue description along with the Issue Galley when uploaded as shown here.

image .

The screenshots are actually on a 3.2 installation so you will be able to use this theme now. The initial testing I did some was on a 3.1.2 installation as well and was able to see the Issue cover as well.

It might be best to go ahead with the upgrade if this was something you’re considering.

Kind Regards,
Patricia M.