Immersion theme: article by the same author plugin repeats the article itself

Hello,

I am writing for a problem which I am having on “Immersion” (3.2.0-2), but which I didn’t find while using “HealthScience” and “Classic” (3.1.2-4).
In short, the issue is that while using the plugin “Suggest other articles by the same authors”, I am getting as a suggestion also the same article which I am already reading in the page. This bring the reader to see as a suggestion the same article she/he is already reading; in case of an author with only one article, the suggestion will repeat the article itself as an “other” article.
Have you ever noticed this maybe, also in other cases?
All the best,
Leonardo

I attach a link here, where you can see the situation: ‘Una parabola meravigliosa’: Peter Stein traduttore e regista dell’Edipo a Colono | Visioni del tragico. La tragedia greca sulla scena del XXI secolo

Hi @leonardo.mancini,

Thanks, I was able to reproduce it but the issue seems not to be theme-related. I’ve opened an issue: Recommend by Author Plugin duplicates entries · Issue #5801 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub
BTW, it also helped to find a bug in the Classic theme :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Vitaliy,

thank you, I am glad to know it helped. I actually would like very much to use this very useful plugin, but I can’t manage to overcome the issue of having articles by the same authors if the author him or herself has changed affiliation…