I want to know about js/build.js

I want to know what file to generate “js/build.js” file?
I want to modify dashboard–>submission add one column.
I am edit from js/build.js.

thank you
OhnO395

Hi @OhnO395

Your post is a kind of vague. What exactly you want achieve with this modification? Do you want show more information? Or just clean space? Please let us know what you meant with “modify dashboard–>submission add one column”.

Regards,
Israel Cefrin
Public Knowledge Project Team

So sorry, My English not very well.

I want to add one column for link to other web.
See picture.
a

thank you
OhnO395

I found source file in github (https://github.com/pkp/ui-library/blob/master/src/components/ListPanel/submissions/SubmissionsListItem.vue#L14).
If i edit it, how to compile and use?

thank you
OhnO395

I did it.
from OJS 3.1: Reviewer can see author name after review complete - #19 by NateWr

I git clone from ojs3.1.0 and do with Readme.
I edit lib/ui-library/src/components/ListPanel/submissions/SubmissionsListItem.vue

and built with “npm run build”.
I copy js/build.js to Production/js/build.js.

Thank you.
OhnO395

2 Likes

So if i understand correctly, to access the Vue templates, you need to recompile all ojs?

Stephen

Hi @ssciberras,

If you want to modify the templates, you’ll need to compile them with the npm toolset. npm run dev is useful for a development environment as it’ll watch for file changes and recompile dynamically.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

But then, this means that I would need to copy and re-install 3.1 over again, and then reset all customizations again.

Am I correct?

Hi @ssciberras,

No, that shouldn’t be necessary.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I think i am missing something then.

Please check me out:

1. download git
  2. build new version using npm install

then what?

This is new to me - so far my projects have never involved node.js, so I am not sure of the necessary steps.

I must point out that I have made some alterations - mainly to the themes, but in some places to the submissions page.

Stephen

You can compile anywhere, for example on your local machine, and then just replace compiled files on your production system.

So I have tried this.

If I understand correctly, I would only need to update the build.js and build.css after my changes are compiled?

Easy enough it seems.

Thanks

Stephen

OK done this: however, even with no changes, the submissions page will show 0 submission once I upload the new, unaltered build.js

How do I debug?

thanks

Stephen

Hi @ssciberras,

I see you’re also chasing down the same issue on another thread. Please try to keep a single issue to a single thread – that way we won’t get several people chasing down the same issue in different conversations.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thanks, unfortunately, I have not got any answers from either side.

Stephen

I have same problem.
Did you manage to solve it?