I can't translate content in Step 2 Journal Policies on Journal Setup

Hi evebody,

I’ve googled but can not figure out how to translate the contents of the sections “Focus and Scope of Journal”, “Peer Review” etc in step 2 on Journal Setup.

http://nauweb.net/kriterion/index.php/kriterion/about/editorialPolicies

When editing content I tried to select the language portuguese, insert the content in respective fields, save, then I changed to english, changed the content, save, but only the last edited language persist.

Any thoughts would be appreciated, thaks.

Hi @marlonlamancio,

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but are you using the language pull-down on the sidebar, or the one at the top of the form? If you don’t see one at the top of the form, check to make sure that both Portuguese and English are checked under the “Forms” area in the Journal Manager’s “Languages” page.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi Alec, thank you for you fast reply! WOW!

Sorry for may dumb question, when I set the system languages I do not understand what would be “Forms” options.

Thanks a lot!
REgards

Hi @marlonlamancio,

Under the Journal Manager’s “Languages” area, there are three options for each language: UI, Forms, and Submissions.

“UI” simply means that the website reader can change the language on the sidebar and it’ll translate the OJS interface into that language.

“Forms” means that users will be given the option to fill out forms in the selected languages. This is the option you’re looking for.

“Submissions” means that authors will be able to indicate that they’re submitting documents in one of the selected locales.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Great!

Really really thank you!

Best regards