I can't save changes in text boxses in Administraion/Settings/Distribution/Indexing ( usr admin)

Hi,
I have the next problem (OJS 3.0.2)
When i try to save changes in text boxes in
Adminisraion/Settings/Distribution/Indexing
the proces start, but can’t finish. I dont’ have and the message for success result.
All other procedures - Access; Payments and Permissions is working normally.
Where can be the problem?

Hi @HiTech,

Check your PHP error log for details.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi Alec ,

My PHP error log is emty.
The problem is the symbol “<” when i use it with

< meta name …/> " (without the space after <)

If i remove the “<” or replace with “& lt;” (without the space after &) the record is OK.

Can i use

& lt;meta name … /& gt;

like equal Meta tag ?

Hi @HiTech,

I can’t duplicate this behavior locally and can’t think of anything that’s dependent on a > or < character. I wonder whether you have a filter such as mod_security that’s preventing the POSTed data from getting to OJS. You should be able to use a tool like Firebug for Firefox, or Chrome’s built-in developer tools, to inspect AJAX requests; I’d be curious what the response to the AJAX POST is that saves the form.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

The Error code from Chrome console is:

VM679:1 POST http://hitech.agency/hit/index.php/hit/$$$call$$$/tab/settings/distribution-settings-tab/save-form-data?tab=indexing 403 (Forbidden)

Hi @HiTech,

OJS never returns a 403 error, so I suspect this is mod_security or a similar tool getting erroneously triggered. There’s nothing OJS can do about this – you’ll have to talk with your host.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thank You.
I’ll find the problem.

May be in some sequrity software.

Best regards

A. Toshkov