I cant install new plugin

we cant install plugin by plugin gallery.

After click install we see error( see fig)

config.inc.php:

; tar (used in backup plugin, translation packaging)

tar = /bin/tar

Hi @Adminojs,

Do you see tar file by the specified path?

If you use shared hosting you’d probably ask server administrator if the software for unpacking .tar.gz archives is installed and the path to it. It usually installed by default on Linux servers.

Hi @Adminojs,

You’ll need to open your terminal window, and type: which tar. This should come back with file location: Example [/usr/bin/tar] . You’ll need to open config.inc.php and find the tar command section and update this with the new location.

Kind Regards,
Patricia M.
Public Knowledge Project Intern

Hi
I dont understand. we want install QuickSubmit from plugin gallery.

but after click we see above error. we can find this locations tar = /bin/tar
We can only install plugin from plugin gallery.

host send for me error log and eYou can see error log in below

- - [11/Jun/2019:17:39:06 +0430] "POST /index.php/GJASR/$$call$$/grid/plugins/plugin-gallery-grid/install-plugin?product=quickSubmit HTTP/1.1" 500 0 "http://*****r.com/index.php/GJASR/management/settings/website" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:67.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/67.0"

Hi @Adminojs,

In order to download the plugins, you’ll need to address the error that’s showing. Once the tar location has been corrected in the config.inc.php file this should allow you to download the plugin.

Kind Regards,
Patricia M.
Public Knowledge Project Intern

Hi
I use shared hosting and hosting Do not allow access unpacking tar in this locations tar = /bin/tar
you suggest for me?

see error log:
[16-Jun-2019 13:52:52 Asia/**] PHP Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/bin/tar) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home2/com/domains/.com/:/tmp/:/usr/local/php-7.2/lib/php/) in /home2/com/domains/.com/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/PluginHelper.inc.php on line 64

Hi @Adminojs,

I think it’s better to contact your hosting provider directly and ask how this issue can be resolved.

The host provider say you must install by zip file. we upload plugin in zip file in site folder and then install? we not understand install this method.

You can download the plugin on your local computer, unpack it there and upload to the site through ftp. What specific plugin you are planning to install? I can show a link to the release in the repository.