HTTP error during upload of submission file OJS 3.0.2.0

I am getting an HTTP Error at the end of an unsuccessful upload using the Quicksubmit plugin in 3.0.2. Quicksubmit will upload small files but my attempt to upload one of 8.4mb fails and “HTTP Error” is displayed. This is not a server size limit as that is set higher.

Check your webserver access log and error log for details on the type of HTTP error. A 4xx error generally indicates that the webserver is preventing the request from succeeding. A 5xx error generally indicates the the webserver tried to process the request but was unsuccessful. You may also be able to see the specific HTTP error code in your web browser, perhaps via the Web Inspector.

Have you checked both server upload limits at the webserver level and at the PHP level?

In my case, the plugin was not active so is not the origin of the http error. Checking the logs files i’ve detected several writing errors in cache folders. I am on fixing those permission issues, but i also saw an error trying to find a file named xmlrpc.php.

I don’t know what file is that. This is the error i got on logs:
[Sun Jul 30 23:51:53.139284 2017] [:error] [pid 93025] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxxx] script '/data/www/ojs_csoc/xmlrpc.php' not found or unable to stat

I never heard or seen that file before so i really don’t know what that is…

Hi @RGatica,

That appears to be a random scan by a bot for a Wordpress component that isn’t present on your site.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

I see, so can i ignore that error? I don’t use wordpress, just ojs is present on my server.

Returning to HTTP error, i changed the permission and the issue was solved in part. I’m still unable to upload documents, or a logo to my journal, but i was able to add some text and images to About journal page. I no longer get the HTTP Error message but instead i got a ojs message explaining that there was a problem uploading the file.

Right now i cant access the logs but i will do it in the afternoon.

Good afternoon, dear colleague, I corrected my upload error as follows, but first I have to inform you of my settings.
IIS 7;
PHP 5.6
OJS 3.1.1-4 latest version

In my case I was trying to include a logo image of the site and was informing on Modal that I could not do ulpoad and should contact the site administrator. In my case, it’s me. I made an attempt to upload in the text edit field and when I reported the image he reported that the temporary directory had not been set. so I logged into IIS I created a virtual directory called temp inside my site and changed it in my php.ini “upload_tmp_dir =” C: \ inetpub \ wwwroot \ magazine \ ojs \ Temp ". After saving and restarting my site, it started working .

Hi @Alessandroasb41,

I’m glad you tracked down the cause – but I suspect that might be an unsafe configuration. Make sure the temporary files directory is outside the web root. Check the PHP documentation for this recommendation – I haven’t tinkered with that setting myself for a while.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Well, I’m facing the same issue using OJS 3.1.1-4 installed in a web server for production (not for testing).
The extension Recommend Articles by Author is installed, but not enabled.
I deleted the extension, so as to try all possible options! The same HTTP Error can be seen.

So, I do agree with @bozana. This issue have nothing to do with the extension Recommend Articles by Author.
I found this article discussing the same issue in WordPress.

Website I’m dealing with is here. I do not have access to the Apache log on this server.

Thanks everyone.

There can be several causes why HTTP error is present. Only small number of them if any in new versions of OJS should be taken into consideration. I personally do not think that the latest versions of OJS have bugs related to that issue. I administer several installations of OJS with a number of uploads and there are no such error in any of them.
Such an error can be caused by insufficient modules in PHP, server configuration etc.
Can you post screenshot of error that you see?

Hi everyone!

I have the same problem: In submission’s wizard, step 2, upload the file… I get the “HTTP Error”

The Chrome’s console and Firefox’s console shows the “500 internal server error” message

I use:
OJS 3.1.1.4
SO Linux
Versión PHP 7.1.27

Please, anyone solved this issue?

If you see 500 error swerver please provide php error log and check with your hosting what might be issue. However, try to upgrade PHP to 7.2.
You can check do you have fopen module installed in php and what are settings in your php on fileformat for upload and size of file.

Hi every body i am facing this problem. If you know its solution please help me. thanks
shotscreen nothing

Thanks @vvucic. I change the PHP version to 7.2 and it’s solved the problem. At least I was able to upload the pdf file and continue with the submission process. Thanks again

I am glad that iz works. I have had similar situtaion on some isntallations and upgrade of PHP to 7.2 solved the problems. Good luck!

Hello,

Please ask your hosting company to upgrade php to 7.2 and check the presence of fileinfo and fopen modules.

1 Like

Dear VVUCIC,
MY PROBLEM SOLVED AS FILE PATH IN config file was wrong and i corrected it. Now all works well
thanks for your support…

hi dear i am facing problem of http error for a particular submission file only. here is the snapshot of errorlogCapture

Although 90% of the PDF files are uploaded in the Galley, but a few gives HTTP error, When uploading in GALLEY.

I am not an IT person, I think the error is this.

[03-May-2020 16:46:22 America/New_York] PHP Warning: array_key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, bool given in /home/abmconf/public_html/jras/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/adodb/adodb-php/adodb.inc.php on line 3965

Hi @Elegant_wi,

Please don’t post the same content to multiple places; it clutters the forum. Someone will respond to your other post.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

A mi me salió el mismo error, era en mi caso porque estaba lleno la capacidad de espacio en disco del servidor, de esa forma solucioné.

Saludos!
Derlis Gómez

1 Like