How to transfer ojs database to a real host

hi i have a big problem i can easily install ojs on local host i use easyphp-5.3.5.0
it runs very good but when i want to use a real host i get stuck i dont know how to take database
to cpanel or how to take a backup from ojs in my computer.i really need to get the answer
please help me.

Hi @danielwoods21,

See for example the OxS Quick Reference, available from the OJS Documentation page. It has information on database dumps and restores. If you’re not familiar with CPanel, MySQL, and tools like phpMyAdmin, you might try looking through StackOverflow.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

thank you asmecher this was a good guide but i have another problem
this is my problem now:mysqldump -u pkpuser -p ojs22 | gzip -9 > /root/ojs-database.sql.gz
where is this root??? or in other words assuming i have opened cmd in windows.
where should i change the directory to use exactly this command?
this is my ojs files directory:c:/program files (x86)/easyphp-5.3.5.0/www/oj

and this is my database tables in my opnion:c:/program files (x86)/mysql/data/x1
x1 is name of my database

Hi @danielwoods21,

If you’re not sure of the command line to use to dump a database, I’d suggest using something like phpMyAdmin.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

thank you man i solved it

hi asmecher may you help me about something?? i have uploaded my customized ojs on
hitprogramming.com.when i hit this url it goes to the main site (hitprogramming.com/index.php)
but i want it to directly go to my journal (hitprogramming.com/index.php/intel).may you give a guide on how to totally deal with urls in ojs and sepcially how to solve this problem?
thanks for help

Hi @danielwoods21,

Could you post unrelated questions as new threads? That way the forum keeps organized. Before posting, I’d suggest looking up mod_rewrite on this forum.

Regards,
Alec Smecher