How to reset a submission to the unassigned queue?

Hello all,

There’s probably something I’m missing, but I need to restore a couple of articles that went directly to the Editing stage to the unassigned stage.

Is that possible through OJS or only clearing database records?

Hi @ramon,

On the submission’s Summary page, try removing all Editor/Section Editor assignments.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hello @asmecher,

The submission was already accepted.
Removing the editors has no effect.

Another team member, as Editor, made the submission and claims that both submissions (only 2 of over 20 that she performed) went directly into Editing without anyone doing anything.

This is one article’s status on the DB:
status = 1
submission_progress = 0
current_round = 1
fast_tracked= 0

Hi @ramon,

What version of OJS are you running?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmcher,

sorry for the lack of info:

OJS version 2.4.8.0

Hi @ramon,

See this code for the fetch of the unassigned submissions list:

It stipulates that submissions should be queued (STATUS = 1), and that no editor assignments should exist. Otherwise it follows the normal conventions for other queue fetches.

The behavior you describe (the submission jumping directly to editing) sounds strange, too. Is it possible that these went in using QuickSubmit rather than the normal submission process? Are there any modifications to the system?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hello @asmecher,

This is pretty much a stock 2.4.8 install.
No customizations were made to that kind of code, only embellishments on header.tpl, css template, and a few block plugins.

It was weird too, that only those 2 were sent to editing directly.

I believe that an unintentional click on that Quick submit button happened in this case. Since there’s no record of that on the system, that I know of… I just know that an editor with author profile took the decision.