How to remove language from submissions?

Hello,

we are developing a platform in two languages in OJS3. However, one article was marked as if written in third language (third language was switched on as usable for publications). After the mistake was noticed the article was marked as based in one of the two main languages and the third language removed from journal and platform configuration. However, the third language can be still seen in dropdown menu on submit article screen. Is it possible to switch it off for good? The journal will publish articles only in two languages.

Hi @szmigieldesign,

What does your “Languages” form look like in journal setup?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Administration / Site Settings / Languages / Two languages are present

Settings / Website / Languages / Two languages are present

Hi @szmigieldesign,

What are the selections for the languages form in journal settings? There should be three columns – OTOH User Interface, Forms, and Submissions.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Here’s what I have:

Hi @szmigieldesign,

The list of languages available during the submission process is taken from the “Submissions” column above.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hello,

indeed it is. The problem is - as you can see - there are only two languages here. However, there are three in the dropdown list on the submit page - English, Polish and German. Why is German displayed if it was removed from Website Settings?

Hi @szmigieldesign,

Ah, sorry, I was looking for a single row. Have you had trouble with your cache directory and permissions? If there are old cache files there that OJS can’t delete/update, then it’s possible that settings there are trumping what you’ve configured in journal setup.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I’ve performed Clear Data Caches and Clear Template Cache and it didn’t help. Cache is writable and seems to be working ok. I’ve also erased all files in main /cache/ directory (they regenerated ok) but I still see three languages in submit page.

Hi @szmigieldesign,

Hmm, odd. Can you check inside the journal settings cache files – cache/fc-journalSettings-*.xml – to see what the cached value of the supportedSubmissionLocales setting is?

Regards,
Alec Smecher