How to populate an issue in OJS 3.0b1

I must be overlooking something simple…

I have a toy journal set up. I submitted two articles; I brought each to production, made galleys, and selected galley files.

I don’t see the described options for auditing and approval of the galleys; as far as I can tell, when looking at the article dashboard (e.g. index.php/journal/workflow/index/6/5), everything is done. When I create an issue, however, I can’t find any way to add articles to the issue. The TOC is blank; issue galleys shows nothing, and when I select “Create Issue Galley,” I’m offered to upload files… not what I want. I’m sure there’s a way to select articles for inclusion in an issue, but I can’t seem to find it… what am I missing?

Thanks in advance.

There are numerous PHP errors in the server error log, mostly Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in lib/pkp/classes/controllers/grid/GridCellProvider.inc.php on line 50… this occasionally screws up file upload, so I wonder if that’s interfering. Perhaps I should just go bleeding-edge and install the latest dev version.

Hi @crism,

I’d suggest getting a fresh checkout of the master branch; the beta is quite a ways behind, and had a lot of known issues.

The Vagrant configuration is a quick way to get a fresh checkout set up: GitHub - pkp/vagrant: Vagrant environments for PKP software

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thanks, @asmecher. I’m now running OJS HEAD (via direct git checkout), and still can’t figure out how to populate an issue. I have two articles that are in production, each with approved galleys. I also have a future issue of the journal—but I can’t see how to add an article to the issue, from either side of that relationship. What the heck am I missing?

AHA! This is unclear, similarly to OMP cataloging. After creating an issue, I have to go back to the article, then click “Metadata” up at the top, select the “Publication” tab, then schedule it for publication. Not obvious at all! But doable, so that’s nice.

Hi @crism,

Glad you found it. We’ve struggled quite a bit with how to transition from article-based workflow into issue-based workflow, and that scheduling tool you struggled to find marks the transition. I’m sure we’ll be doing some UX testing and refinement around this in the near future. Your suggestions are welcome too.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team