How to log in as author?

Greetings: I used to be able to log in as an author on the rare occasion when they needed some help, but I cannot find that option now. Does it still exist? Could someone kindly point me toward it?

Thanks so much, In advance –

Best,
Michael

Hi @michael_clj,

Which of our applications are you using, and what version? (Including this information in your posts will help save my wrists!)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Greetings, Alec – sorry about that!

OJS Version
Current version
2.4.4.1 (May 21, 2014 - 10:17 AM)

Best,
Michael

Hi @michael_clj,

That option shouldn’t have moved recently – it’s available as Journal Manager, under the various parts of the “People” user administration area.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi, Alec – I’m attaching a screen capture – does it work? This is an example of what I see under the People function, and I think I used to see an option there “log in as.” Am I looking right at it and don’t see it? Or is there a different way to get at it?

Sorry to be adding to the wrist labor! I have searched the heck out of this one before turning to you, I promise!

Best
Michael

Hi @michael_clj,

Look in the listing of people you get to before you reach that profile page – you should see “Log In As” there. (I wonder if you have some kind of layout glitch that’s chopping these listings off or something?)

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Got it – thanks, Alec!

1 Like