How to fix Differing Parameter Lists

I am fixing translation that was not completed before. When I do Check in Translation plugin I notice that there is Differing Parameter Lists with information as follows below.
The locale key “announcement.postedOn” in “lib/pkp/locale/hr_HR/common.xml” differs from the reference locale in its use of parameters. Please double-check that it contains all relevant parameters. The mismatching parameter(s) are:

{$postDate}

The locale key “manager.people.mergeUsers.confirm” in “lib/pkp/locale/hr_HR/manager.xml” differs from the reference locale in its use of parameters. Please double-check that it contains all relevant parameters. The mismatching parameter(s) are:

{$oldAccountCount}
{$oldAccountCount}

The locale key “user.login.accountDisabledWithReason” in “lib/pkp/locale/hr_HR/user.xml” differs from the reference locale in its use of parameters. Please double-check that it contains all relevant parameters. The mismatching parameter(s) are:

{$reason}

How can I fix this?

Thanks

Hi @vvucic,

Sometimes there are placeholders in locale keys for the software to insert a value. For example, in lib/pkp/locale/en_US/common.xml:

<message key="announcement.postedOn">Posted on {$postDate}</message>

As you can see, there’s a placeholder for {$postDate}.

As part of the locale check process, the locale checker watches to see if a language has a different set of placeholders from the English language, which is used as a reference. If there’s a difference, then it adds a warning.

To resolve this, make sure that the language being checked uses the same placeholders as the English-language key.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hello,
I think that XML files in locale that I am fixing differ a lot from corresponding XML files I check in cloned git repository.
I can enter missing keys, but I wonder is there any danger that some other issues arise because of obviously a lot of missing keys.

Hi @vvucic,

What branch are you using in git?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Actually, XML files from locale en_US are much different from locale hr_HR. Number of keys is much different. Indeed, I do not think on content written in English and corresponding translation.
I cloned your git repo a couple of days ago.
I gues that XML files from hr_HR are way older than current en_US.

Hi @vvucic,

What branch are you using in git? You should probably be working with ojs-dev-2_4 (the current OJS stable line), but I suspect you’re using master if you haven’t specifically checked out a branch.

Regards,
Alec Smecher