How to display references which have been tested by citation markup assistant?

Hi,

We have tested the citation markup assistant. Once we have finished with the assistant, we saw we can export references in various formats (including NLM and XML). But we don’t know which format to choose and how to include it in the final article ?

I read you can add it to final article galleys. But How ? By Copy/Paste the generated code ? Is it only in XML article galley ? And if we want to add it in HTML galley, how can we do ?

And if we managed to include it in the article galley, is there going to be duplicate entry with references displayed by OJS with metadata from database ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi @hcl,

Please, this documentation might help you: https://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/docs/userguide/2.3.3/sectionEditorReferences.html

For the specific question about citation usage, see the text below figure 7.53.

Regards,
Bruno

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. I read the documentation.

I don’t want to copy/paste the generated code of the citation markup assistant in my HTML article galley otherwise, it will be duplicate with references displayed by OJS with metadata from database (cf article.tpl {if $citationFactory->getCount()}

…)

I would like to copy/paste the generated code of citation markup assistant using the ‘edit metadata’ option of the article, but the references textbox does not allow any markup because TinyMCE plugin was not inserted into the citations textarea in the edit metadata view
I read in this forum:
https://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8615
There is a way to insert TinyMCE plugin into the citations textarea in the edit metadata view (by changing some code in TinyMCEPlugin.inc.php)

I did it and it works. Don’t forget to put HTML tag

between all references otherwise line breaks won’t be treated.

My question is finally as follow: Is that the right way to do, to copy/paste the generated code of the citation markup assistant using the ‘edit metadata’ by inserting TinyMCE plugin into the citations textarea in the edit metadata view ?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Hi @hcl,

If you really want to use HTML in the references field, that’s the only way. You could also export your citations to a format that doesn’t use HTML, I think you get that for Word documents, for example.

Regards,
Bruno