How to dismiss a reviewer who was unable to perform the review after having accepted the task?

Hi,
I am using OJS 3.1.1.2. A reviewer accepted to perform a review but was afterwards unable to do the review. The “Unassign Reviewer” option is no longer available once a reviewer has accepted to perform the review. Is there another way to dismiss a reviewer who has accepted to do a review but can no longer perform the task?
I noticed this question has already been raised before in 2018. Has the issue been resolved in the latest OJS update?

Hi @CM-Journal,

Yes, options for both canceling and reinstating reviews will be included starting with OJS/OMP 3.2 (due for release at the end of the month).

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

Awesome news! Thanks.

Hi,

I’ve been asked to see if it’s possible to prevent reviewers from declining to do the second round of reviews. ( Prevent reviewers from being able to decline undertaking second round reviews - #3 by HongPong ) . Since this question is closely related I would like to know if there will be more control over reviewers’ actions in the 3.2 release? Thank you.

HI,

Besides updating the program 9Which doesn’t dependo on me), is there any other way of dismissing the reviewer who’s accepted the task but can no longer do it?

Thank you in advance.