How to create a static webpage on OJS 2.2.4, and possible migration

I’m a journal editor. We’re using OJS 2.2.4.0. I would like to know if there’s a way to create a new static page on the journal, or to modify an existing one, without heavy programming (the posts and answers I’ve read on the site weren’t helpful to us because of this). At the moment, the only customization option I can confidently use are the block plugins, but the journal doesn’t allow for more than one sidebar block at any given time.

Also - Given that OJS3 allows for more flexibility: Would it be possible to migrate to OJS 3 without this causing an interruption in our work flow?

Thank you in advance to all that reply.

Hi @Leire,

There is a Static Pages Plugin that can be used to create a new static page on the journal site. It is available for OJS 2.4.8 and I believe it is also available for OJS 2.2.4, although I’m not 100% sure. Please check System Plugins on your site and enable the plugin if it is there.

I recommend upgrading to OJS 3, as it contains many improvements and is actively being developed. However, upgrading will cause an interruption in your workflow as your editorial staff will have to learn how to use OJS 3. This resource outlines steps to follow and things to consider in upgrading.

Best,
Amanda Stevens
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like