How to adjust the layout order of Archive for imported old issues

Dear Sir,

I am importing the old issues and each time when I imported an issue, it will occurs on the top of the back issue list, and I have to put them to the bottom by clicking the downward arrow one by one.

Because there are nearly hundred issues, so it is quite a lot clickings.

Are there any way to put the new imported old issue at the bottom of the list?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Xianghua

Hi @lixh,

What method are you using to import back issues?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Dear Sir,

I used
Articles & Issues XML Plugin: Import and export articles and issues

With Regards,
Xianghua

Hi @lixh,

If you import all the back-issues as a batch (in one XML file), you can specify the order there. Otherwise you should also be able to drag and drop to re-arrange, or you could go into the database and work with the custom_issue_orders table directly.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher,

I’m constructing xml with multiple issues for upload to OJS3 via the native xml plugin. Could you give a little more detail or point me to documentation about specifying order at the issue level within the xml? I see the tag for articles in the xsd but I wasn’t sure if/how that might apply at the issue level.

Thanks in advance,
Sean

Hi @crowesn,

Are you using OJS 3.1.2? Here’s a sample issue XML that’s used in OJS’s testing toolset: ojs/issue.xml at stable-3_1_2 · pkp/ojs · GitHub

Regards,
Alec Smecher

@asmecher
Thanks for your quick response.

We’re on 3.1.0, scheduled for upgrade soon.

That test file is instructive but it only contains one issue - I have multiple issues and after load they appear in random order in the web app, even though they are in numeric order within the xml.

I’m just testing right now but ultimately, I’ll be loading ~800 issues so manual reordering with drag/drop isn’t reasonable. Does the seq tag work at the issue level?

Best,
Sean