How to added multi authors to the author list

Dear sir,

Now we have some submissions which have a lot authors (some time hundreds), are there any way to input the author quickly other than edit metadata and adding the author one by one?

Regards,
Xianghua

Hi @lixh,

No, the only way is to do what you’re already doing.

It’s possible to implement a plugin to do something like importing the authors from a file, but it’s not trivial PHP code.

Another option is to use some browser automation tool that can execute the form filling for you reading the data from a file. There are some paid options out there, but I also think that you can achieve that using non paid ones, like Selenium.

Cheers,
Bruno

Thank you very much for your reply! But I have no idea for Selenium.

Are there any way to do this by editing the database?

Regards,
Xianghua

Hi @lixh,

Yes – but if you can do that, why not use the XML import/export tools? They might be more efficient overall.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thanks! But how to use the XML import/export tools? I can not find it.

Regards,
Xianghua

Hi @lixh,

See this wiki page: http://pkp.sfu.ca/wiki/index.php/Importing_and_Exporting_Data

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Dear Alec Smecher,

Thank you for reply! But I still can not find how to do that.

I tried all the plugins, and no one looks worked for this.

The paper is not published yet, but I want to added nearly 100 authors to the author list. I can not import a new article. How to do just update the metadata.

Regards,
Xianghua

Hi @lixh,

The XML plugin would only be suitable if the article wasn’t in the system yet. If you’ve already got the article but just need to add authors to it, I’d suggest adding them directly to the authors table in the database.

Regards,
Alec Smecher