How to add date published before 2007

So, I’m trying to add publication dates to back issues of my journal which go all the way back to 1984. Under the Editing options, and under Scheduling there is a field for “Published”. CrossRef seems to require a value in this field to accept an item for registration. My problem is that the dropdown menu only allows me to select a year back to 2007 and no earlier. See attached screen grab. Any thoughts on how I can assign the actual year of publication to these items?

Publication_Date

Hi @absulm,

What version of OJS are you using? (Please include this information in your posts.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Apologies, we are using 2.4.6.0.

Hi @absulm,

Edit templates/sectionEditor/submission/scheduling.tpl and find the lines:

{math|assign:"minYear" equation="min(x,y)-10" x=$publishedYear y=$currentYear}

…and…

{math|assign:"minYear" equation="x-10" x=$currentYear}

You can see that these permit you to go back 10 years. You can modify the math to go back as far as you like.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Many thanks @asmecher - I’ll give that a try!

bug report: QuickSubmit plugin publication date picker unusable for very old years · Issue #5823 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub

here’s a workaround if you can’t modify the source code. change the year to the oldest one shown and save the form. then the year list (dropdown menu) will show earlier years. it works because the year list is limited to the ten years or so, and it’s centered around the saved year.

Many thanks @fgnievinski for the helpful tip! That solved the problem I was having.

1 Like