How to add and display page numbers in future issue table of contents (OJS 3.x)?

Hi . when i try to add a future issue i cannot see page number option in the table of contents section in OJS 3.x … how can i add page number when issuing a future article ??

Hi @amirdire
May be you looking for that section,
For each submission, please go to production tab, click Schedule for Publication, and you will see the form for page numbers,
Regards,
Ugur Kocak
page_numbers

Thanks Ugur kocak. … But what I meant was is there anyway to add or display the entire issue page number when the issue is published … Like when visitor checks the publication he can see the total number of page the issue has ?? Thanks

Hi @amirdire

I am not sure I understand what do you really need, but there is no other page numbers option/field than the one Ugur Kocak mentioned.

Best,
Bozana

OK sorry for my bad English language … I meant how to display total issue or separate article page number in the archive section so that when a visitor opens the issue he can see the total number of pages along with view count and abstract?

hi @amirdire

Sorry, but I still do not understand :frowning: Maybe you can send a screenshot?
There is no such possibility per default, so you will surely have to change the code…

Best,
Bozana

Hi @amirdire and @bozana,
I far as I understand, Amir asks for the same line field for an (whole) issue galley. I remember that, page numbers were independent of submissions, and were entered per issue in ojs2. I checked it, and I could not find such a field in ojs3. But, as a practical way, I can say that the editor can make any explanation in the description field of an issue. Please, see the screenshot,
Best regards
Ugur Kocak
IMG_0033

Thanks @drugurkocak!
If this is the wish, I agree – there is no such input field for an issue galley or whole issue, but such information could eventually be inserted into the issue description filed.
(The page numbers were per article/submission also in the OJS 2, just that they were not in the article metadata form, but in the issue TOC form).

Best,
Bozana

1 Like

ok thanks @drugurkocak, @bozana for your support … yup thats the feature i wanted and for now i will use the solution outlined by @drugurkocak … thanks all