How do we know we're listed in PKP PN?

I just enabled the PKP plug-in for our journal (and agreed to the terms). Yet I just saw this: https://pkp.sfu.ca/2020/03/30/lessons-learned-and-next-steps-pkp-preservation-network-report/

Does this mean that our journal is not digitally preserved via PKP PN? How can I tell if it is? We run the latest version of OJS (installed the update last month).

Hi @MashriqMahjar,

That post is out of date; the PKP PN now supports OJS 3.x. We’ll publish a formal announcement soon.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Ok, so if I downloaded the plugin and activated it in OJS, are we now preserved via PKP PN? Do I need to upload past articles/issues somewhere?

Hi @MashriqMahjar,

See: PKP Preservation Network Documentation

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi Alec,

Thanks for the help. It’s been a week since everything was sent to LOCKSS. However, the LOCKSS status remains “unknown.” Is there anything I can do on my end to make sure that these get deposited and the back-ups are completed? Or is it just a matter of time?

Thanks!

Hi @MashriqMahjar,

Check the log files described in this post to see if there are useful details there.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi Alec,

I’ve tried looking into determining whether our issues are backed up using the PKP PN plug-in. Some have been successfully deposited, while the vast majority have not. Most have been transferred, sent to LOCKSS, but the LOCKSS status is unknown. I checked with our IT to look at that post you shared, and the plug-in is working properly on our end. I’ve restarted the process numerous times with the same result. So, how do we know if it’s been properly deposited? It’s strange that some have been accepted by LOCKSS and some have not.

Thank you!

Hi @MashriqMahjar,

• What version of OJS are you using?
  • What version of the PKP|PN plugin are you using?

Please look at the Troubleshooting section of the PKP|PN manual, and the Troubleshooting section of the README document. Report back here with what you tried, and what the result was.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi Alec,

I checked this log and I see we are archived–yay! It’s strange that the plug-in in OJS doesn’t reflect the deposit status, but as long as we are included in this deposit log I am cool with that.

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Hi @asmecher

I came to old thread.

I need to know, where I can see if the article has already listed? in my PKP PN stuck in this screenshoot

this status since a week nothing changing

Thank you

Hi @Muhammad_Khoiruddin,

I would suggest working through the “Troubleshooting” section of the PKP|PN Plugin Guide: PKP Preservation Network

If you’re not able to resolve it with the instructions there, start a new topic and post your situation in detail.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

This topic was automatically closed after 11 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.