How can you delete a reviewer from a submission's workflow

We are using OSJ Current version: 3.0.2.0 (March 1, 2017 - 06:06 AM),

Setting Name Setting Value
OS platform Linux
PHP version 5.6.27
Apache version Apache
Database driver mysql
Database server version 5.6.33-79.0-log

I would like to delete a Reviewer from the workflow for a particular submission.
I can see that others have asked similar questions, and posted a Feature Request for this capability in the “Add Review” panel of the workflow.

Does the capability exist to delete a Reviewer from a submission? (I do not want to remove them from the journal system, I just want to remove them from the workflow of a particular submission).

Hi @JManager_Murmuration

In the newest OJS version 3.1.1 there is the function “Unassign Reviewer” for those reviewers that haven’t answered to the review request yet.

Best,
Bozana

Thank you. Can there a reviewer be deleted after they have already agreed to review? This is needed because the conditions sometimes change for a reviewer. Is this available in 3.1.1?
If not, what do you suggest for a workaround?

Hi @JManager_Murmuration

Hmmm…
You could maybe provide that function no matter if the reviewer has confirmed the review. You could comment out this code line pkp-lib/ReviewerGridRow.inc.php at ojs-3_1_1-0 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub and pkp-lib/ReviewerGridRow.inc.php at ojs-3_1_1-0 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub.
I am not sure however, what implication would that mean for the data in the DB – I think it should be OK, but… I am not 100% sure. Maybe you have a possibility to test it in details first?

Best,
Bozana

Hi @JManager_Murmuration and @bozana, I would like to know if commenting out the code works or not.

Thanks,
Andi Alfian

Hi, @asmecher. Would the procedure described above pose any problems? I know something of this nature is planned for 3.2, but editors really need this option as soon as possible.

Thanks for your time.

This is happening to our editors quite often. Agreed that it would really help having this on 3.2 or earlier.

Thanks,
Alex

We are having many problems about that, would be great if it be resolved soon…tks!

Hi all,

Editors will be able to cancel reviews that have already been initiated starting with OJS 3.2. See Improve editor control over reviews · Issue #2508 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub for details.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like