How can I select which journals will be displayed on the home page?

• Application Version - OJS 3.1.2-4

• Description of issue

I’d like to know how can I select which journals will be displayed on the home page?

We have many journals and I want to show just a few specific ones on the home page.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards

Hi @andersonvm

This isn’t possible, I’m afraid. A journal is either “enabled” in which case it will be on the home page, or it is not.

If you have a developer handy, this is probably an easy modification, with a checkbox in the journal settings and then a bit of logic in the template code.

Cheers,
Jason

Thank you for your answer, @jnugent.

Do you know where I must change to achieve this?
I mean, where in the code can I find that particularity.

I’m a developer, but I don’t know the code.

Hi @andersonvm

It’d be in a few places, unfortunately, and the scope of that is probably beyond the forum.

Our dev docs are here: PKP Developer Docs - Technical guides and documentation for OJS and OMP

I’d probably start by looking at the ContextGridHandler.inc.php class in lib/pkp/controllers/grid/admin/context to give you an idea of where to go to edit that modal that opens in the admin → Hosted Journals area, and then probably the Context/ContextDAO classes in lib/pkp/classes/context for storage/getter/setter methods, and then finally the template for all of this, in templates/frontend/pages/indexSite.tpl which contains the iteration for printing out the journals.

Cheers,
Jason

Thank you very much, @jnugent.

Is there a course on the internal structure of the OJS?
I’d like to deepen my knowledge about the OJS system.

Hmmm, I don’t know if there’s a course, but we do have a Slack channel for dev work. You can join #pkp-dev or #general on pkp.slack.com.

Cheers,
Jason

Thank you, @jnugent.

I’ll try to follow the documentation.