How can i import users from OJS 2.4.8.1 to OJS 3.1.0.1

When im importing users from the old site im getting this error, i guess xml files are not compatible. Any help about this would be great…

Element 'users': No matching global declaration available for the validation root.

Thanks.

Hi @Riselia

XML exported files from OJS2.x to OJS3.x are not compatible. You would need update your OJS2 then export users to import into a new OJS3 install.
Or you need first import into this other OJS, but in version 2.4.8.1, then upgrade it to OJS 3.x.

Both situations you only can export/import in same major number release and you will need run an upgrade in some moment.

Regards,
Israel Cefrin
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

Thanks Israel, im adding manually. I have one more question. How can i change admin panel logo it should be different from the homepage logo can you help me ?

Hi @Riselia

Admin logo shows you current journal you are managing in a multi-journal OJS install.

If you want use a different logo in your journal than one in admin panel the easier way would be edit your theme and inserted in hard code mode a static referente to a “img src”.

It will requires somen HTML/PHP skills from your staff team and I also advise read OJS Theme Guide to do so.